Thursday 18 November 2010

Artist Research - Vincent Van Gogh

I want to stay with the well-known artists, we everybody can relate to our film in someway at least. The first artist I was looking at was Vincent Van Gogh because of the 3D room we found while researching our film idea. I started to look at his works, excluding the one used in the 3D painting because we don't want to copy someone else's work at all.

Vincent Van Gogh sadly died at the age of 37 due to a gunshot wound, but is regarded to be one of the main contributors to the modern art movement. He produced around 2,000 art works and 900 or so were paintings so we have a lot to sift through!

We all decided to go a research the artists and then see if we all picked one in particular, then we'd discuss the actuall painting. Here are the works I chose by Vincent Van Gogh:





As much as I admire his work, I couldn't find any that would work as a 3D environment. I think its best we don't use him anyway because something similar has already been done with his painting. On to the next artist...

No comments:

Post a Comment